Thursday, October 04, 2007

The Jack Saga continues...

So, last night I had a benefit to attend for children with cancer. I went last year as well, and it's quite fun. There are vendor booths set up with skincare products, jewelry, purses, and food. There's also a Chinese Auction. One of my good friends works for a real estate company and they have a little station set up there, so I go to keep her company, drink wine, eat cheese and crackers, and shop a little (it's for charity!).

So, I went and met up with my friend and E was already there, too. So, we were all looking around and chatting, having our wine. E went to the bathroom and says, "I'll meet you back out here in a minute."

I walk to the edge of the huge room where everyone is and look in. I notice a cute looking guy, with a woman. As I am looking at him for what seemed like forever but really was only a few seconds...we lock eyes, and to my greatest surprise I realize, "Holy shit! That's my EX!" from about 5 years ago!

I turned around and walked into the bathroom. "E, OMG, an EX of mine is out there!"
I was amazed, ever since we broke up (it was a bad, bad breakup) we haven't seen each other anywhere! It sucked that he still looked cute, but whatever.

E and I left the bathroom, went and got more wine while I pointed him out. And that was that.
Oh yeah, and I bought a Dior necklace that I LOVE!
******
Moving on, after the benefit I stopped over at the friend's apartment that I was at Tuesday night. The girl that puked in my car was there as well. They said I could stop over and they'd finish cleaning up the vomit. Eww. Okay.

So, I'm sitting there chatting with my guy friend while they're politely cleaning my car outside when he informs me he got into an ASSLOAD of trouble for the stolen horse. He said he was totally bitched out, but no one knew who did it for sure.

As it turned out, this little old lady had an antique appraiser there a bit ago and he was going to give her $90 for the horse, and $60 for a rocking chair. He went to pick up the items yesterday when of course, the horse was missing. The lady freaked, confronted everyone in the building, called the cops, the whole 9 yards.

When I left, I stopped over E's and informed her. She was instantly upset because she loves the horse (Jack) and won't give him up but is afraid of karma and just genuinely feels bad and doesn't want my friend to get in trouble. "Wow, good thing I didn't take the rocking chair, too! I thought about it!" she told me.

So, today she called him to ask him what she should do. We came upon the decision to give the lady $100 in an envelope with a small note only saying, "Please accept my sincere apology and this gift of money for your troubles regarding the horse." They're going to slip it under her door!

It took us awhile to figure out exactly how to word the short note. "Thanks for the horse." Nah, that sounds kind of mean. "Jack has a great home now." HAHAHA--nooooo, can't say that either. "Sorry, we thought it was trash that was going to be thrown out." Negative. Then we discussed the topic of fingerprints and that maybe we should wear gloves when delivering the envelope. Actually, E is giving it to my friend because she doesn't want to go anywhere near their apartment complex! HA!

I could do nothing but laugh my ass off.
Jack sure is a hot commodity!

3 comments:

The Ambiguous Blob said...

Why would she put a valuable piece of furniture in a common garage? It's like people leaving their cars running while they go into a store really quick. Duh, people. There are drunk people with an agenda to take your things and give them cute nicknames out there!

CarmenSinCity said...

Oh my god that is so funny!!!!! I'm cracking up. You guys are totally doing the right thing by giving the old lady some money - she'll probably be happy. Obviously she didn't care about the actual horse because she was selling it anyway.

Jack is so cute!!!!!

me said...

ah! I'm so glad ya'll decided to give her some money for Jack. karma surely would have had something to say!
poor old lady! calling the cops
really, though, can you imagine being your friend who had to hear the story from the old lady, all the while keeping a straight face??
I would have died!