I'm back from my lovely weekend away visiting my mum in South Carolina. And wow, I feel exhausted! Seriously, I just keep resting my chin on my hand while I space off for minutes at a time. And I'm not gonna lie...I've been screening calls here in the office just to avoid talking on the phone. Like right now, an old lady is leaving a 2nd message, and this 2nd message is totally unnecessary. "You guys have been here before," she's explaining. Okay, really, that's great and all, but that's why I have this handy computer here with all our customer's information in the system.
I cannot wait to get out of here.
In other news...(it'll be quick news because I have NO attention span today) --
My dad says this morning: "What did you do to your mother?"
Me (SD): "What do you mean?"
Dad: "What'd you do to your mother? I have already gotten 2 phone calls this morning from J (my stepdad) saying she wants to come home."
SD: "Well, I didn't do anything! Really!"
Dad: "Yeah, I know, I'm just messing with you. But really, she wants to move back up here."
So, I talk to mum and she said she was very sad after I left yesterday and she cried and moped all night until she went to bed. J asked her if she wanted to move back home and she said yes.
I confessed to her that I too cried, and had to hide in the bathroom stall at the airport yesterday.
She wouldn't be coming home until summer time, but still...I will be sooo happy!
Think I had other stuff to say, but I forget. (Surprise, surprise...) Sooo, until next time...farewell!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














2 comments:
welcome back.
...and the parental thing, that's tough stuff. my parents had a rough patch a few years ago. it was almost impossible for me not to get dragged into it. just roll with it as best you can.
Glad you had fun! I agree - work sucks.
Post a Comment