Monday, August 20, 2007

Superbad = SuperRAD

So who else went to see 'Superbad' over the weekend???

I. LOVED. IT.

Honestly, I couldn't stop laughing, and neither could hardly anyone else in the theater.

The 2 main characters, Seth and Evan, are hilarious! And I thought that Fogell (McLovin, or Fagell) was awesome and a great addition to the two-some!
Seth Rogen (who also appeared in 'Knocked Up' & '40 Year Old Virgin') and Evan Goldberg both wrote the screenplay, and started on it when they were 13. The 2 of them have been best friends, and Seth and Evan in the movie are loosley based on themselves.

I am seeing that there are some bad reviews or comments on the movie, which is ridiculous. Obviously from seeing the previews you know it's just a fun movie, if you're too tight-assed to understand that, you shouldn't be going to see it.

I wish I could write reviews, but I'm really not good at that.

Another movie I saw over the weekend, 'The Number 23'. I liked it a lot, too. It was absolutely crazy, though. (But, I always thoroughly enjoy the messed up ones.) So, it did not disappoint me. That's another movie that got some bad reports about the writing, and plot, etc.
It's one of those movies that I wouldn't mind seeing a few more times in order to analyze and understand it better. You know, like, "Ohhhh, I get that now!"
Anyone else see either of these yet? What do you think?

9 comments:

CarmenSinCity said...

THIS IS SO ODD! I can't believe we wrote about the same two movies. That's really weird right? I think it is.

It must be destiny or something. ha ha

Seriously, I want to go see superbad again - it was so damn funny.

CarmenSinCity said...

Oh, and I hated 23 because it made me think too much and I hate having to work that hard. I would also have to see it a few more times to analyze it and plus, i might want to stay awake next time :)

CarmenSinCity said...

I just thought of something else I wanted to say. I've been thinking about that damn milkshake song ever since you posted about it last week. I actually downloaded it to my phone and now it's my new ringtone. ha ha I'm so lame.

H said...

Carmen~Ha! I know! It is very odd! And I am so glad I went to see Superbad already because everyone is talking about it!!! McLovin is the best! As far as movies like 23, I have to be in that kind of mood, if I know I'm feeling too braindead I won't watch something like that. It's times like that that Superbad does the trick. The funny non-thinking ones are great for when you're stressed out. That's realllllllly funny about the milkshake song, I actually thought about getting it as my ringer as well. hahaha Are you my doppleganger? :)

alexgirl said...

Ok, I couldn't actually read this post, cuz i haven't seen it yet, and I wasn't sure if you were going to be giving any lines away. I've intentionally fast forwarded through previews so it's all brand spankin' new when I see it! I'm gonna have to go ASAP. Yeah, Tom Yorke is awesome too. I've been a radiohead fan for years. Not sure how much I've listened to his solo stuff though. I'll have to check it out.
Good luck finding a rehearsal dinner dress!

CarmenSinCity said...

Ok - we are twins or something. Maybe I'm not really an only child?

H said...

Aghhh!!! I'm an only child, too!!! Or...I thought I was? Way too weird! :)

Anonymous said...

1,2,3...23!

I like that one quite a bit. Pretty weird, though.

The Ambiguous Blob said...

Superbad was the funniest movie I have seen since forever! I laughed the entire time and for DAYS afterward. Highlarious!