It was already insanity for me! I got a little anxious, but was okay. R sat with his family, and I returned to where mom was to sit down. I only ordered a salad because I didn't want to be stuffed during the evening.
More and more family and friends began to show. The owner of the Inn had the "music room" set up with tables, hors d' ouevres, and a special table with a huge chair for me to sit in and sign books. The first 45 minutes was pure chaos. Everyone was coming up and having me sign and personalize books. But, what was worse is that my Aunt was temporarily M.I.A. and she was supposed to be taking care of the money part for me.
Once she returned, things weren't as bad. And once I had a short little break, I could finally start sipping on my pinot grigio.
Oh, and R's parents and my parents met for the first time. I really wasn't worried or anything though. Both of our parents are quite laid back and funny characters.
AND, supposedly my cousin caught an outline of a figure on the stairwell when taking pictures!!! Everyone was talking about it, but I haven't gotten to see it yet! How exciting! (The Inn where the signing was at is haunted, and is also on the cover of the book...I'm friends with the owner.)
We all went into the bar area and celebrated. A guy that is always there and loves to play the guitar wrote a song for me about ghosts. It was really cool. It was one of those moments where you are like, "Wow! This is great, I am so thankful, and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else right now." My eyes teared up, too. lol. It really was a great night.
My mom and step dad left at about 11:30 and R and I left at about midnight. The only people left were the owner and a few staff members, my dad and his girlfriend, and my step dad's brother and girlfriend. Oh, and the guitar guy and his girlfriend...(who I did a delicious shot with, she suggested it...it's called 'sex on a bayou').
Also, my mom and step dad got me a couple congratulatory gifts. One is a bracelet on a black thin leather string with a silver id tag on it that says "thrill amaze inspire". It's really cool, and very me. AND, with a little help from L out in Vegas, mom also picked up Michael Kors "Island Capri" perfume that came with a blue clutch! Which was awesome for a few reasons:
1. I love Michael Kors
2. I love anything 'island' or 'beach' or 'ocean'
3. I needed a new scent!
Here's a picture of it!!!














3 comments:
Very cool! I am halfway through the book already. I was going to finish it when I was traveling for work last week, but I was too scared to read it:
1. Alone in a strange city;
2. In a hotel that was moderately creepy;
3. In a THUNDERSTORM!
So, I wussed out, but I'll finish it soon. It's very creepy so far. I would NEVER have been able to survive some of the things you describe; I'd have died of a heart attack!
Heather --
Aww, look at the little cake avatar! How appropriate and cute!
I'm happy you are liking the book, that's too funny about being creeped out. I actually creeped myself out quite a bit while writing it! lol. :)
Congratulations on your success!
Post a Comment