Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Has the Earth fallen off it's axis?

So, there's been a lot of stuff going on and coming up, and I didn't realize how much of an overall change it's all going to be bringing -- and not only for me, but most of my friends, too.


This weekend we're having a going away party for our friend that's moving to Miami on June 1st. So we'll just refer to her as Miami, and she currently lives with E. When she moves out, a good friend of mine B, will be taking her place in E's house.


Another really good friend of mine and her boyfriend are moving to San Francisco. He leaves in a week and she's only got about 3 or 4 left here.


One of my long time guy friends is moving out of state by the end of the month.

(My book signing party is on the 30th, too...so some of them will end up missing it, which is saddening.)

Umm, who else is moving? Well, LAST year 2 of my closest girlfriends (from college) moved out of state, and that still sucks, of course.

And a TON of us are moving in general, too. Like how I mentioned B is moving in with E when Miami leaves. Also, one of our guy friends who we'll refer to as Male Divorcee is moving into a townhouse in another little town close-by.

The thing with Male Divorcee is he's been a long time friend/protector over all of us girls. And we were all friends with this married couple that happened to be swingers. Yeah. Kind of surprised I've never told about them...

Anyways, the swingers were married for about 6 years I think, and a few months ago they started having issues. Issues that weren't going to go away. So, they separated. Now, they're in the final stages of their divorce. The woman from the swinger couple will be named Female Divorcee.

Female D. started hanging out with Man D. lots and lots. We all joked around saying they were hooking up, etc. Well...we were right. Eventually both the D.'s told us they were together. It kind of puts some of us in an awkward position. Like R, he has been friends with the swingers for probably longer than any of us. Luckily, the swingers still get along okay, but sheesh!!!
Needless to say, both D.'s are moving in together in Male D.'s new townhouse.

Another married couple I am friends with are really hoping to be buying a new house they put an offer on. Right now they live right down the street from my office, which is nice for when you want to do happy hour, stay local, etc. But, the house they want is closer to R's apartment. Which is about 25-30 minutes away.

I...(now we're on to me...). I...finally get to move out of my dad's and get away from his girlfriend! (yay!) I am moving about 8 minutes away (but that's 8 minutes closer to work!). AND, about 8 minutes closer to everyone else I previously mentioned (that is not moving).

Dad needs about a month to re-do my kitchen and probably bathroom. I couldn't be any more excited! Not only do I get to move out, but I get to live by myself for the first time ever!!! All the other times, I mean -- I was in college (roommates), then I lived with my friend, then I lived with my (ex) boyfriend.
Before I get any further in any romantic relationships (or the one that I am in, with R), I NEED to live by myself. I'm going to love this!

Oh yeah, when I mentioned the ex b/f it reminded me of another change I wanted to mention...he is ENGAGED! Yup.
E, (who you may or may not remember is his sister) told me on Friday that he announced it.

So...what the hell is going on?!

2 comments:

The Ambiguous Blob said...

changes are a-brewin. You're going to have to find a whole new routine.

minijonb said...

enjoy your new place!

stories are bound to come up about ex's all the time. don't worry about it... just laugh it off and move on.