Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Fashion Doesn't Kill

Unlike Dylan Rhymes' song "Fashion Kills", Blake Lively's fashion is indeed very lively...not killed.


(Look at those awesome boots!)

I love how her character, Serena van der Woodsen, on the show Gossip Girl dresses. So, I was pleased to learn that she likes to dress in a similar fashion in real life, too. She has a great, natural beauty and a knack to pull off almost any kind of outfit.

In a short article from the New York Times, she mentions the difference between the way people in L.A. and New York dress:


“In L.A., people wear comfy, drawstring yoga clothes in bright colors,” she said. “New Yorkers have a sleek, subtle look.” She noted that climate doesn’t seem to affect New Yorkers’ fashion choices. “It was March when I did the pilot, and there was snow on the ground,” Ms. Lively said. “I was wearing two pairs of leggings, four sweaters and a big down coat. I walked outside and my friend had on a trench coat, skinny jeans and ballet flats. People here look sharp. You feel like an idiot in Uggs.”



Oh and can anyone tell me what kind of dog this is??? It's too cute!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally have the EXACT (replica, I assume hers are designer) of the boots she is wearing in that first picture. I got them at Payless this past winter sometime for under $50, LOL!!!

H said...

Agh!! I want a pair!!! lol :)