Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Don't people know by now -- If I'm drunk, I might be exaggerating

Well, maybe they wouldn't because usually I am laid back and try not to bitch much.
And since Saturday night, I was bitching, everyone thought there was some huge deal.
And also, when I am drinking, I DO think it's a pretty big deal...at the time...I guess.

Anyways, first I get an email this morning from E saying:

Hey ho - I'm curious to know what **** was doing that upset you Sat. You didn’t miss anything at Jays either. **** called me after you guys dropped him off and wanted to hang out. I regret that he has my number now!

So, I email E back and tell her that really it wasn't that big a deal along with the explanation. See, I'd gone to a wedding Saturday and took one of my guy friends along since R had previous engagements.
We had fun, I had lotsa wine, and then he dropped me back off at R's afterwards. We all had plans to meet up in the city, but everyone else was going to Jays.
I argued and argued with R. We had to go to the city as planned because **** was in town, and he wouldn't want to go to Jays.
"But, **** isn't my friend, why can't you guys go do whatever and I will do the same?"
"Because I want you to hang out with him, and you already hung out with your other friends all day at the wedding."
"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize I had a time limit on how long I can hang out with my friends."
"No, it's not like that, I mean, we just had these plans..."

And it went on like that for awhile --- I'm pretty stubborn and always wanting things my way. But, I just didn't understand why we couldn't have a night out without eachother, it wasn't the end of the world! But, eventually I started to feel bad, and I would have felt worse if I left like I almost did. I wasn't going to get my way this time, and I had to just suck it up.

So, we go and pick up ****. We go into the city and he's already drunk. I'd lost some of my buzz, but he was pretty wasted. Next thing I know, **** is being a TOTAL ASSHOLE. Just being so rude, and not having any fun. We even took him to a bar that crawls with young ho's in hopes of cheering him up, but it didn't work! He eventually just wanted to go home, but not before I'd given R a million death rays with my eyes. We fought, and I felt bad and gave in, FOR THIS?! To have no fun, when I had been having a great fun day/evening?! Horrible. I was texting E telling her I was having the worst time, and that I'd explain later. Which is why I got that email from her this morning.

Then, I talk via email to another one of our girlfriends and she says:

HI HI HI!!!! I've been swamped with work this weekend and week! I'm going to NYC to visit this weekend!!! How was the wedding? Tell me all about it, E said there was major drama w/ ****!

So, again, I emailed back and gave her the explanation, as well. I told her E was exaggerating, it was far from MAJOR drama, but I'm sure I too exaggerated in my texts to her, so I couldn't really blame her for thinking it was major. But, that it wasn't. Major.
Ugh.

5 comments:

Erica Ann Putis said...

Hey there... I want to add your music blog to my feeds but I don't see a link for it... What's the website address??

The Ambiguous Blob said...

Everything is more dramatic when you've got to yell over your slurred speech :)

H said...

Hey Erica -- was the link on the right not working? Anyways, it is http://heatherfrazier.3steps.com

TAB ~ Very, very true. haha

H said...

ooooohhhh Erica ~ silly me. The feed is http://3steps.com/rss.php?w=heatherfrazier

Erica Ann Putis said...

Awesome!! Thanks chicky!!