Ineedavacation.
Well, last Friday R & L were going to the bowling alley around my lunchtime. R asked me to meet them there and eat lunch. FL and his g/f were also going to be there. Whatever, okay.
So, I made sure that I didn't look as terrible as I usually do when I go to work.(Hey, I just sit in an office all day by myself pretty much!)
Then, I went right down the street on my lunch and met up with R & L. A few minutes passed, and I thought maybe FL wasn't coming anymore. But, then they walked in. FL came over, gave me a hug and introduced me to his g/f. And that was it! The whole rest of the 40 minutes, she would not say a word to me or even look at me!!!
I don't think I like her much, and not even for the obvious reasons! I've ended up liking people despite not wanting to, but this girl...wow! (Thankfully, she wasn't as pretty as I thought she'd be. hehe)
The whole thing was so awkward that I was GLAD I had to go back to work. Everytime FL's g/f wasn't super near, FL would come closer and stand by me. Well, then, I'd see R keep looking back to see what was going on! I couldn't handle it! I asked FL if they were coming out with us that night (because L told us they were) and he said, "I'm not too sure, we were maybe gonna go to the Science Center." I turned my head to look straight away and said, "Oh," thinking "Wow, he's taking her to our place!"
But then I added, "Why don't you do that tomorrow and come out tonight?" and L overheard and said, "Yeah, FL, you better come out tonight." So, I had to leave to go back to work and FL says, "I'll most likely see you later."
So, what do I do?!?! NOT find anything in my closet to wear, that's what. So, I go to the mall on my way over R's, get a new top and cardigan (really cute, too!) and head over to R's. In the parking lot, I notice that FL's family ride is not there. He must have just dropped L off and didn't stay. But, I didn't lose hope.
Until I opened the door and saw that only L was sitting on the couch. After a little while, in a non-obvious way, I asked L where FL and his g/f were. "I don't know, I am so pissed off at FL, I don't know why they didn't come out, but whatever."
Aaaaaaaaaaannnnd now, he's gone again. Which is probably a good thing...until next time around. I just think there's got to be a higher power, or forces 'that be' -- something -- that causes things like emotions and feelings to still be so strong and still so hard to explain like this after so many years. But, enough of that for now.
Oh, and it came up one night while out in my and R's conversation about the whole marriage thing. He knew L's drunken comment would wig me out and said that he's definitely not ready either. He says maybe in like 2 years or something if things are still good, then that would be the time to think about it. But, not now! So....phew!!!
Wednesday, January 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














2 comments:
whoa, sounds complicated! it's so awful when you find out someone you like has a girlfriend. ugh.
hey, i'm glad you liked JUNO too! It's so cute. I think I have to go see it again.
good about the marriage thing. I'm glad he was wise enough to talk to you about it.
Post a Comment