Thursday, April 26, 2007

The Webs we Weave

Okay, so we're gonna call "first love" guy FL from now on. So, on Monday I got the urge to call his house. He asked what I was doing that night and if I wanted to hang out. "Sure, sounds good," I said. "Okay, I will give you a call around 5:30-6," he says.

I swear it was 5:30 exactly when my phone rang. "What do you wanna do?" he asked. I didn't really care, so he said he'd be over at around 7 to pick me up and we'd go have some drinks.

When he came over, I took him inside to show him around the house my dad added an addition onto. Then, we went outside and walked over the little creek up into our huge yard/field. We walked up kind of far, sat underneath a tree, and decided to smoke. He told me all about Guatemala, and we just sat and enjoyed the awesome weather.

Then, we left in his car and went to have some drinks. We talked about how it doesn't even feel like any time has passed since we've hung out and we can still talk to eachother about anything and everything. The whole night was just really good. We ended up being a little tipsy and kind of holding hands, but that really isn't that unusual for us (even though it's been so long).

So, then on Tuesday I kept thinking all day about how he was leaving again, how much fun we had, etc. Then, he called! He called me right when I got done with work and asked if I wanted to go to the baseball game, he had seats right at the dugout. Of course, I said yes. He said he and his mom had some errands to run, but that they'd come pick me up afterwards. So, I went home, got cleaned up and rushed around to be ready. He called and said they were 5 minutes away. I ran out in the garage for a minute, my dad was in there. He says, "Is that car here for you?" and I said, "Yeah." Knowing he was going to continue to ask questions, I said, "It's FL...and his mom...I'm going to the baseball game." My dad's eyes got big and he said, "his mom's going, too?" and I said, "No, she's just in the car right now." So, my dad says, "FL, huh?" and I said, "Don't look at me like that," as I ran out the door. FL's mom said, "Hey Dramatic! How are you?"
"Good," I said, "how are you?"
And off we all went. It was sort of odd. I felt like I'd gone back in time or something. He'd already told me that I still have a big impact on his life, and he has always thought of me positively. I told him I felt the same.

We pulled into his driveway, and I helped them get some stuff out of the trunk. FL's dad stood at the door and waved to me.
We went upstairs to FL's room so he could get a few items of clothing together to pack. "My room looks different," he said.
"Actually, not really that much," I said.
"Really?"
"Yeah."
And I sat on the edge of his bed like I always did...while he packed up his stuff to leave again. This was exactly like it'd been 4 years ago.

Everything was the same. Driving in his car, listening to really good music, me looking out the window. I'd forgotten how much I enjoy hanging around with him. I don't worry about anything, and I enjoy whatever we do. I've never been like that with anyone. I always dropped everything for FL.

But, we always seem to be saying goodbye.
Before, it was when he was in college. I would cry and cry after he left. It never got any easier.
Then, we lived totally different lives and now ... 4 years later, we're hanging out exactly like we used to. And he leaves again.

Everytime he would have to leave, we always made sure we spent his last night here together.

I think it's funny and ironic that his last night here on Tuesday we spent together, too.

I half hope that his ex g/f (and my ex's ex) finds out. She'll never out do me. HAHAHAHA.

FL told me she was always "very cautious" concerning me. I told him that she should be.

Next time I'll see him will be Christmas. So, until then, it's back to the norm. *sigh*

3 comments:

Airam said...

Goodbyes really do suck.

The Ambiguous Blob said...

and exes are exes for good reasons. it's tough to remember that when they're thisclose!

H said...

Airam ~ I know, I hate goodbyes of ANY sort.

AB ~ Yeah, well at least I don't have to "worry" or think about it again until Christmas!