Yesterday I got to take a half day (sounds better than it really is...the day FLEW!) so that the satellite tv guy could come and hook it up. The window was from noon to five. So, when I got home, I had a bagel and went on the computer to do a couple things. Then, I sat on the couch and started to read a new magazine. Then, my eyes didn't want to stay shut.
Of course, that's when there's a knock at the door. It was around 2:30 maybe closer to 3:00 when he got there. He looked around, I told him what is where, etc. and I sat back down on the couch and let him go to work. Then, I went back on the computer, and then again back to my magazine. After almost 2 hours, he brought the receiver in and was hooking it up. Things looked like they were going to go really smoothly and he'd be outta there. He said he'd wait to make sure the HD channels come in, and he could show me a couple things about the remote and system.
I knew I'd be able to easily figure it all out but I figured since he was going to stick around a few more minutes, why not? I kept sounding surprised and saying, "Oh wow! Cool!" when he showed me things like how to look on the guide to see what's on 3 days from now. Then, he said my HD channels still didn't come in, so he sat himself down. I put on Comedy Central and "Supertroopers" was on. "Ah, I love this movie!" he said. "Yeah, it's hilarious," I laughed. So, to keep from an awkward silence, we started talking about all kinds of hilarious movies. Like "Superbad", "Borat", "Forgetting Sarah Marshall", "Zack & Miri Make a Porno", "Beerfest", etc.
Figuring between that, and just his general demeanor, I asked him if he smoked the green. Sho 'nuff, he does. So, we talked a little bit 'bout that, and he told me stories of some of the houses he shows up at to do jobs. I offered him a beer since it was his last job of the day and I didn't have any pot to offer. lol. We both had a beer, and realized that my HD channels STILL weren't there.
He called one of his handy dandy numbers to see what was up. It wasn't until I heard him say, "She's only got the local HD channels" that I realized that's all I was supposed to have!!! I started laughing, and told him, "Woops! I think that's all I ordered!" He thought it was pretty funny, and so he just hung up the phone. I hope he didn't think I did that on purpose to keep him there longer...really, it was just a case of 'I'm a dumbass'!
THEN, he totally catches me off guard. He asked what I was doing later. I blurted out, "nothing". He was like, "Well, maybe I could come back with some of my herb and we can smoke and watch one of the funny movies we were talking about."
Ummm.
Ummmmmmmm....(I never know how to say no)
Ummm.
"Okay, yeah."
I think for a couple seconds...while he's blabbering away, "Any requests on movies?"
"Um...no, don't think so. Make sure you call me first...especially since I'm going with my mom for a bit."
(Luckily, he'd heard the convo with my mom where she was asking me to go to the craft store with her!)
"Okay, yeah." It seemed like he'd never leave!!! It was already past 5:30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! R had already called when he was done with work, but I didn't answer because this guy was chatting and I didn't want to be rude right in the middle of it!
He finally left, saying he'd give me a call. "SHIT, SHIT, SHIT!!!" I called my mom back, "What do I do? I'm screwed!" I told her the story; she goes, "Well, what do you want to do?" and I said, "I don't want to hang out with him." I also explained all the reasons why:
1. He lives like 45 minutes away. Why would he even want to come all the way back? And what if I couldn't get him to leave again, and he'd stay extra long since he lives far!?!?
2. I think he was just being cool, making a new friend...but again...refer to #1. And I just met him...already he just wants to come right back over and watch movies at my place? Maybe he had the wrong idea...
3. He was okay looking, but nothing worth writing home. I'd only like him as a friend anyways.
4. Not really worth me fighting with R about it, and I knew that I'd be unable to lie about it.
5. Um...what if he turns out to be a nutjob?! What if he tried to put on the moves?! Yikes, no!
So, mom helped a lot and said, "Oh, well, just blow him off then." I said, "Yeah, I know, but I don't want to not answer the phone if he calls and be that bitch...so I have to think up what I can say." Mom told me that we'd have to throw in the boyfriend card. She said to say that we live together. I told her that he probably didn't get that vibe of a live-in boyfriend, he may not believe it. But then I thought, well, if he doesn't -- he should take the hint.
Mom and I went to the craft store, and while there, my phone rings. "Oh my gosh, a restricted number? Are you serious?" I yelled. That's a little creepy. "Eh, just answer and get it done with," mom said. Knowing it'd be him anyways, I said, "Yeah, I know" and answered the phone. "I was seeing if you were gonna be around in a little bit and I'd come stop over," he said.
"Um...well, I just got to the store with my mom, so I'm not going to be able to hang out tonight," I said. Oh nooo!!! It was happening again! I had to quit beating around the bush with this guy just to be super nice. "....and....um, sorry but...I thought it'd be okay and cool to hang out, but the boyfriend doesn't agree...(*awkward laugh*)."
"Ohhhh..okay," he said.
"So...yeah, thanks for calling though, I guess I'll...." my voice wavered off, I couldn't be like 'Okay! See ya later!'
"I just thought you were a pretty cool chick," he said.
"Oh yeah, I think you're a pretty cool dude, too," I said.
(laughs)
"Well, thanks.." he said.
"Yup, no problem...sorry" and I think we both kind of were just like, 'yeaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh...k....byyyeeeeeeeee.'
and that was that. Now, it's done. Phew. I felt really bad about it, but there was no way I could hang out with him in that kind of situation. Poor guy. But then again...restricted number? Really?
I also will admit that when I did get home later on, I checked everywhere to make sure he didn't somehow get in and was hiding somewhere.
Yes, that might sound crazy, or you might think I watch too much tv...but that shit can happen! Better safe than sorry, right?!
Sweet dreams!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














No comments:
Post a Comment