Wednesday, October 08, 2008

What is WRONG?!

I haven't been in as bad of a 'crabass' mood as I was the beginning of last week. But, yesterday evening some of those feelings were returning.
First, R called me during the day while I was at work. He asked if I wanted to do something later. I told him okay.
So, he came over after work and we went to eat. We went to a local hot dog place (it's sooo good) and I ordered the large fries with gravy with my hot dog. He got the large fries, too. When the girl brought 'em over to us, he's like, "Wow, that's a lot of fries. We never get the large."
I said, "Yuh huh."
"No...never."
"Yeah."
"Well, you never have with me."
See, that kind of thing annoys me. He does it all the time. I'll say something like, "Wow, I really LOVE cabbage and noodles." Or, "Wow, I LOOOOVE that movie!" etc.
And he will say, "No, you don't!"
"Ummm, yes...I do, actually."
"I've never once heard you mention anything about that!"
"So what????? I think I know what I like, and just because cabbage and noodles have never come up in our conversations you assume I don't like it?"
Should I just write out a list of every single thing I love so that you can refer to it and not be surprised when I throw something in there? I wouldn't want to catch ya off guard or anything!

Afterwards, he wanted to go to the movies or rent a movie, but I told him I couldn't because 90210 was coming on at 8:00.
So, after dinner we hung out on the couch watching tv and about an hour later, I turned on 90210. Earlier, he'd asked me what time it came on, so I was thinking that maybe he was planning to leave when it came on since he doesn't watch it.
Nope. He sat there and watched the whole thing. I was super tired, so when it was over I told him I was going to get ready to go to bed. "So, you're kicking me out?" he said. "Mmmm....yeah." I laughed. I just did NOT feel like being all cuddly on the couch and holding hands like he was. Ugh. "Okay, well, go get your pajamas on first," he said.
So, I started to get ready for bed while he got ready to leave.

I laid in bed reading and watching tv when he must've called to let me know he was home. I didn't hear it. I did hear the beep from the phone alerting me to a text message. It said, "Goodnight hun, I'm home."
I'd seen that he called first, but I just texted him back, "Okay, goodnight," KNOWING what was going to happen next. And sure enough, it did.
BEEP. Text.
"Can you talk for a sec? Wanna tell you something."

Seriously? Of course the goodnight text wasn't enough. He casually says that thinking that I don't have a clue what he's doing. What he's doing is wanting to talk on the phone for just a minute so he can hear my surroundings and make sure that I am in fact home and not out with friends. Can you believe it? I KNOW that game. And I don't like it.

Fine. So, I call him. And of course he tells me some stupid story, and then wonders why I'm acting weird. Because I don't want to be on the phone and because I know your tricks!!!

Okay, I'm done for now.

3 comments:

CarmenSinCity said...

Guys can be totally annoying. I feel ya girl.

me said...

ah. i hate his tricks! i'd want to strangle him! :)

Lailani Ali said...

OMG. Seriously? So he can hear your surroundings??? When you just went to bed!!!! Holy crap. Jealousy is UGLY.