Ugh! Lately, at work, I've just been in the WORST mood. Not even anything in particular is making me this way. I am just feeling easily annoyed. It kind of sucks. My annoying mood is annoying myself!
The office has just been dreadful. In the mornings, the guys are in here and they all just stand there with their thumbs up their asses for way too long. They already know what jobs they are to go on. But no, they feel the need to stand there looking stupid while telling stupid stories. These stories include talking shit on each other, talking shit on other people (customers, family, significant others, etc.), AND talking about their lack of money. That's a popular subject.
I mean, everyone talks about that once in awhile, but these guys...geez...it's always the same thing.
In case any of you don't know, I help my dad run his plumbing and heating business. So, the kind of guy that works here is typically lazy and an alcoholic. OH, AND looks ruggedly about 10 years older than how old they really are. And just about every one of them has had AT LEAST one DUI. All they do is complain, yet have NO ambition what-so-ever. Granted, I do like (most of) them, a few of them I have known since I was a little girl. But, they spend all of their money payday weekend on booze.
I spend a lot of money on booze...but I make sure my bills get paid first.
They spend their money buying little lottery tickets while drunk on booze hoping they'll win the money to pay their bills.
One guy here STILL lives at home. He is almost 40. Don't think he's ever dated anyone in the 8 years he's worked here.
Sometimes I just really feel like ranting about them, though. So today is that day.
Another thing that has really been bugging me: the EFFING PHONE.
Here are things I do when the phone rings:
cringe
sigh very loudly
Grrr like a monster
look up at the ceiling quietly and pathetically
I always look at the caller ID:
Half the time it is an 800 number or a number from a totally different area code.
So, I don't answer those most of the time. They are just salespeople that annoy me even more than I'm already annoyed.
When I am not thinking about stabbing my eyes out from the phone ringing, I am screaming out obscenities because the 2 way radio WON'T STOP beeping. I even have nightmares about it. I'm pretty sure that NOTHING at work bugs me more than the stupid 2 way.
Okay, I'm done. Thanks.
Can you tell I need a mini vacay?! ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














2 comments:
hehehehe - I'm with ya sister. I hate answering the phone too. I rarely ever have to answer it because we have a receptionist - but every once in a while I have to pick it up and that's definitely annoying!!!! ha ha
I'm glad I'm not at a job where I have to answer phones anymore. And my coworkers are all pretty good, but can definitely get on my nerves. I think that's just part of work. Some people are stupid.
Post a Comment