Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I Love Reading

Lately, I've been carving out more time to read. I've always enjoyed it, but it's just so hard to keep at it. I guess I kind of go through little spurts. I always have magazines, but that's different. When I get into a book, I look forward to the next chance I have to read more.

There's 2 books that I've recently finished. The first is "Anybody Out There?" by Marian Keyes.

I really enjoyed this book, and it was hard to put it down. There's a lot of things in the overall plot to keep your mind's interest, and I found myself really wanting the main character to get what she needed. It reminded me a little bit of "P.S. I Love You" too.

After that, I read Alice Sebold's "Lucky". A few years ago, I read "The Lovely Bones" and enjoyed it. I'd heard about "Lucky" and how it was the author's true encounter with rape. I think not only was the book great to read, but it also makes you realize that Sebold has come a long way in writing about it. I'm sure that a lot of the reason for her writing it was to help her recover. It took a ton of courage, but she's a very big inspiration to many because of it.
Has anyone seen this cover for the book? I haven't, until today online. I like both covers, even though both of them have an entirely different feel to them.


My next pick is going to be Augusten Burroughs "Magical Thinking: True Stories". Anyone read it, or have any more recommendations?

No comments: