Thursday, July 03, 2008

Not Kidding

So...this week has been -- well, unbelievable. A couple weeks ago, I was informed that movie producers had asked my Uncle if they could use his house for their movie. The movie is about a girl and her horse. My Uncle lives right by the racetrack, and he's got a beautiful house and some property. So, he agreed.

Monday, he told me that they were at his house to begin filming and would be there most of the week. Then he told me some of the people that were in the movie and which ones were at his house.



Claire Forlani, from "Meet Joe Black" is there. I loooove her. I think she is so pretty, AND she has a british accent, which is awesome. I also really liked her character in the movie "Boys and Girls" with Freddie Prinze Jr. I got to meet her, get a picture, AND I gave her a copy of my book!



Jason Gedrick, from "Desperate Housewives" is also there. He's a super cool guy, and was often tossing around the football with my little cousins.



Scott Reeves (photo: middle) is really cool, too. He is Clint Eastwood's son. He is probably going to go golfing one day soon with my Uncle and my Dad.


Carson Brown, she is soooo cute! She's really nice, and funny, too. My little cousins have a crush on her.

Lou Gossett, Jr. --- Yes, believe it! He and Jason were both in "Iron Eagle" so they've been doing a little reminiscing. But Lou is a super nice and well spoken man. He came right up and introduced himself to my Uncle, Dad, and I.




AND, I save MY most exciting one for last. Stephen Colletti. Yes, from "Laguna Beach". He's also been on "One Tree Hill". Oh, and a couple times on "The Hills" I think. Honestly, I still can't believe it. When he arrived on set, a car pulled up with a bunch of younger girls yelling, "We love you Stephen!!!" It was pretty amusing. Then, my Uncle introduced the 2 of us, and we got a picture. He was cracking jokes with my Uncle and my little cousins. He was also hitting golf balls with them, and he may go golf with my Uncle and Dad, too. My Uncle had said that they talked for about an hour the night before all about golf.



(I loooove this picture!)

Anyways, after awhile, he finally came over to me and started a conversation. And, I gave him a copy of my book as well! It was awesome, really. And now, I'm just thinking, "Wow, I was actually standing there having a normal conversation with Stephen. All by myself." And he was reading the "About the Author" part out loud! Crazy, right? Anyways, I was about to ask him what he was doing later...but he had to go do some scenes. So, I quickly asked how long he's in town for. I thought he'd say until today, but he actually said 3 weeks. (YAY!)(Except for the holiday weekend...think he's leaving today for that.) I was going to stick around and maybe chat with him more when he was done, but the scenes were going to be going on for a long time. So, I thought, "Hmmm, I'll just give him one of my cards with my cell # on the back...". So, I wrote it, and gave it to my Uncle to give him.

Yesterday, my Uncle said he gave Stephen the card and said, "Here's Heather's number if you want to get away from the set, relax, and maybe have a drink. She's a really cool girl." And he told me Stephen was checking out my card and was like, "Oh, okay, cool." and seemed quite positive about it. So, what if he calls?!?!?!?! My friend told me she really thinks that he'll call sometime next week after the holiday weekend and such. I hope so!!! That would be extravagant!


And check this out: how (kind of) crazy and coincidental is this? His birthday is right after mine, AND he celebrated at Stack (restaurant) in the Mirage and then Jet Nightclub! Both of which I have been to! Had I been in town...we could have celebrated our birthdays together! hahahaha I also know one of the managers at Mirage, he's hooked us up in Jet before. Wow, would that have been fun!



Ahhh, well -- everyone have a SAFE and HAPPY 4th of July!!!








Photo Sources: Loopsandpluto.com, tv.yahoo.com, famous-life.blog.com, pbs.org, spiritcampmovie.com, geocities.com, mtv.com, andrew.cmu.edu










3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you're rubbing elbows with some pretty big names there! I am totally e-envious of you.

minijonb said...

mmm... i love Claire Forlani. ever since i saw her try to do an American accent in "Malrats" and fail, i've loved her.

H said...

lol...it is pretty cool. A break from the monotony anyways...:)