Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Hangin' Out with Celebs

So, the last time I talked about the movie stars at my Uncle's house, I'd just met a couple of them. My dad and Uncle said they'd probably be going golfing with them at some point while they're in town.


Well, the next week after meeting them, my dad said that Scott Reeves (Eastwood) called him and they were going golfing. He said that I should come meet up for some drinks at the Country Club afterwards. So, I did. We had a drink there, and then made plans to go to a restaurant nearby. Scott had to go back to the hotel and get cleaned up/changed. My dad decided that he would do the same. So, Dad and his g/f left, and Scott left. My Uncle (aka superfan) decided to go to the hotel and wait for Scott to get ready (LOL!). I wanted to go, too, but as I was leaving my other Uncle was yelling for me because a woman in there wanted to buy one of my books off me. So, I was there for another 10 minutes, and when I walked out, everyone was gone.

So, I drive to the restaurant and wait in the parking lot. I called my Uncle and he said that he and Scott were having a drink at the bar, waiting for some other members of the cast to finish getting ready, then they'd be out to meet us. Once my dad got there, I went inside and we sat at the bar. In the meantime, my mom and stepdad were hungry, so they came to the restaurant too, but sat at a different table. I went and sat with them and chatted when my stepdad said, "There they are, they're walking in..." I turned around, and saw a glimpse of them. "Okay, I gotta go!" I said.


The waitress sat us at a big table in the back room. Carson didn't want to sit on the end against the wall, so I did.

Here's what our table setup looked like:




Stephen Scott Dad his g/f


-------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------

Me Julianne Carson Uncle




The first ones to sit down were myself, Julianne, Carson, and Scott. So, imagine my excitement when Stephen had other seats to choose from, but he sat across from me! He put his hand out and said, "Hey, how are you, great to see you again!"

(Carson & Julianne)

(Stephen & Scott)

Dinner was a fantastic time. I asked how Stephen's 4th of July was, and he told me about how loaded up he got in the city. It was funny, because he was hanging out at places that I am always at. Then, we also talked about alcoholic beverages. How I'm a fan of jager bombs, and he likes them, but won't drink straight jager anymore after a bad experience. And we laugh because he orders a Long Island Iced Tea, and my Bahama Mama was strikingly similar to a Pina Colada. Eww.

And Scott was hilarious, too. The whole evening was full of laughs. So, after a few hours we all hugged and said goodnight. Scott said that he was maybe going into the city that weekend, and he'd give me a call to hang out.

Well, that Saturday night, I hadn't heard from him so I got his # from my dad. I called him and he was in a bad reception spot, and said he'd call me back in half an hour. I wasn't sure if he would or not, but he did! I asked if they were going into the city, but he said they actually did that the night before (Darnit!!!--I was a little bummed they hadn't gotten a hold of me). So, they wanted to stay local, and they were planning to go to a place that I go to all of the time. He said if I ended up down that way, I should stop by. About 15 minutes later, I sent him a text telling him what band was there that night. He text me back and said, "Thanks, hope to see you there!"

Unfortunately, I was unable to make it there that night. I already had some plans, and besides, I figured it might even look a little better that I'm not at their beck & call. Plus, they were in town for another week and a half to 2 weeks. So, we'd have another chance.

Last week, I tried to have that other chance. I went out with friends on Thursday night. I called Scott around 8:30 and told him some friends and I were going out (to that same local bar) and it was going to be a great time, call me if he wants to come. Around midnight he called me back, and he was at another place nearby. He said if he didn't make it there by the time they closed that we'd meet up at the hotel for a drink or something. Well, all kinds of drama happened on my end that night with friends getting into a fight...etc. Stupid shit, really. And I had locked my keys in my car, and gotten kinda drunk...so I really couldn't do much of anything! My friend took me back with her to her house and we hung out until I said I had to go to bed. Shortly after I passed out, my phone was ringing. I looked, and it was Scott! Ha! But, I didn't answer because I HAD to get sleep for work the next day.


To Be Continued...

1 comment:

Erica Ann Putis said...

Wow... Celebs and partying... You better take it easy missy!! Haha... Just kidding. Have fun being a rock star. :)