So, I know it's been awhile. I feel bad because there's a ton I should be catching everyone up on. BUT, now isn't the time.
Today, I want to write about how funny it is when you're just chatting away and how easily one subject can turn into another.
Last night, I went over to my friend's house for a little bit to chill outside and have a beer or two. One of the local owners of a bar sadly just passed away. Pretty much everyone in town knew him or of him. Well, I was telling my friend that I'd gone to the funeral, as I told him about the rest of my life lately. We started talking about how all kinds of people have been kickin' the bucket lately.
For example, George Carlin died not too long ago. LeRoi Moore, the saxophone player for Dave Matthews Band, passed away. Bernie Mac. Isaac Hayes.
We went from talking about Isaac Hayes, and how he's the voice of 'Chef' on South Park...to how he didn't want to do South Park anymore after they made fun of Tom Cruise and Scientology, because he's a Scientologist.
THEN, we said, "You know who else is a Scientologist?....Lisa Marie Presley!!!" And how odd it was for her to be involved with that since Elvis sang tons upon tons of gospel music.
THEN, my friend began the adventure of telling me all kinds of things about Elvis' life that I hadn't known. I did know that he met Priscilla when she was only 16. That he waited until they were married to take his virginity. I knew her parents weren't very thrilled about the whole shebang...but...my friend and I concluded, "But...he's ELVIS!!! He can do whatever the hell he wants!!!! No one can tell Elvis 'no!'"
It was hilarious. We were pretending to be Elvis..."Uh..lookie here, I am going to take your daughter to be my wife, and take care of her...either you can go along with it and I'll buy ya a nice house...or you can be mad, have nothing, and I'm still gonna take her as my wife..."
...."cuz I'm Elvis, bitches."
P.S. The Elvis conversation went on for a good...oh, I'd say 40 minutes. (hahahahaha)
That's it for now! Hope everyone's well!
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














2 comments:
That's funny.
So, not sure if you're interested in writing another ghost book about Southwestern Ontario, but last night I'm pretty sure I found some material for ya!
I was in the bathroom (which is next to our master bedroom but not joined) and my bf was in the bedroom. I was doing whatever, taking my contacts out I think, and I was turning the water on and off. I swear I heard a man say, just as I turned off the tap, "Good luck, dear!"
It was sort of muffled - in that it was quiet, but i could still hear it very clearly. It was weird, so I looked but the window was shut. I asked bf if he had said anything, he couldn't hear me clearly (good indication it wasn't him) and went into the bedroom to tell him what I heard....
He said, with a funny look on his face, "That's weird because a second before you started talking to me, the blinds (those stupid roller blinds) rolled up all by themself!"
We've lived there 5 months and that's the only time the blinds have ever gone up by themself - it takes 100 tries to get them to go up normally, ha.
So, weird!
NO WAY!!! That is weird. How long have you lived there? Not long though, right? Hmmmm. That's especially crazy about the roller blinds going UP! You know? Had they came down, you'd just think they came loose and fell or something. Yikes!!! Keep me posted on any more! :)
Post a Comment