Tuesday, March 04, 2008

That's Your Network


I was sitting on the couch staring at the tv last night when one of the Verizon Wireless commercials came on. All of them have the huge group of people with the Verizon guy, "ohhh, that's just my network." Ya know what I'm talking about.


Well, as I was watching last night, the whole mass of 'em was following around a young woman on her cell phone. Then, they show how they're all following her down these steps to a big building. There were other regular people walking around, too.



Verizon is such a huuuuge company, and they say we all have this network. So, how come on the commercials there aren't large masses of people following the other people around, too?!

Yes, this did actually pop into my brain last night.



Maybe if Verizon was a small company, I could see how all the people (the network) would only follow around 1 person. But, tons of people use Verizon. So really, there should've been a clusterfuck of people on the commercial. Complete chaos!!!!!!!!!!




Oh, but check out what I found regarding our favorite celly tech:



"Test Man Isn't Just a Commercial Character--The company's 'most reliable network' claim is based on network studies performed by real-life test men and test women who inspired the company's national advertising campaign. These engineers conduct more than 300,000 call attempts monthly on Verizon Wireless' and other national wireless carriers' networks while traveling over 100,000 miles of the most frequently traveled roadways nationwide in specially equipped, company-owned quality test vehicles." -- from Wireless City









Photo sources: Justendeal.com, Wireless City, USA Today

2 comments:

The Ambiguous Blob said...

I want that job! As long as it pays ridiculously well.

CarmenSinCity said...

I just saw that particular commercial with the pretty girl walking out of work, taking her hair down, wearing the very professional yet sexy suit. Too funny.