Monday, February 25, 2008

Moooooove

I have been really thinking about possibly moving to NYC. I've seen a couple jobs on Craigslist that I'd be able to grab up on. Ideally, I'd like to have one first, but the few places I've sent my resume haven't been successful.
But, it's just a thought. I'd have a lot of planning and things to do in order to get there. It would be really hard. I don't know enough about the city, but...yeah. That's about it.

In other news, I met a really awesome guy in a band -- but I've already blown it, so it's not even really worth talking about. Not really sure how I blew it, but he hasn't been in touch with me for over a week -- even AFTER I sent him a witty message on MySpace. (haha, Wow, I'm a loser.)

And what else? Oh yeah...I have tried and tried to like my dad's girlfriend, to give her the benefit of the doubt. But, that's come to an end. I cannot fucking stand her.
She just has some sort of issue with me, and I don't know why, I've given her no reason to act like the mega-bitch that she is. It's also incentive for me to get the hell out of my dad's house. Which sucks because my little setup in my dad's house is pretty much my own apartment, and I've been enjoying not having constant financial related panic attacks. BUT, the shit I have to deal with regarding her is much worse. So, I'm not even going home for a couple of days, I'm staying with R.

Hmmm, wonder if I'm missing anything....

until next time...
have a wonderful day!

8 comments:

The Ambiguous Blob said...

Have you talked to your dad about the gf situation? Parents really do give a crap about their kids sometimes. He might be able to do something.

H said...

Ugh---yes, I have in fact talked to him about it numerous times concerning a few of his girlfriends. He completely picks the most immature bitches to date, and none of them ever have any kids, so it makes it worse and harder for these women to understand. He told me he doesn't want me to feel like I have to stay somewhere else because of her. While that is true, I told him I am just avoiding an uncomfortable situation as much as possible, that's all. He'll probably say something to her, but it never really helps, and if it does it is only temporarily. Very sad because both of my parents mean the world to me. My mom would NEVER put up with a significant other doing the things my dad's g/f's have done to me. She just remarried in the summer and I loooove my stepdad. I could never feel uncomfortable around them, but yet I am in my own father's house. *sigh* It could be a lot worse, so...it'll be alright.

minijonb said...

NYC can be a blast for a lot of people (it's not my scene - i'm the only person in my family who's never lived there), but you'll need some help. Know anyone you can crash with in the city while you get started?

The Ambiguous Blob said...

Men are so DUMB when it comes to girls. Hopefully, he'll be done with her in like a week and she'll be out!

Flenker said...

I wish I could take a stab at living in NYC. I think I'd probably love it there, but I'm way too intimidated, and waaaaay too broke to try. Plus, it's a little harder to travel halfway across the country, so I'll be sticking to the Midwest for a time.

You gotta watch out, some dudes don't appreciate wit, or even get it sometimes. I'm not colling this guy dense at all, but some of us are. Just a warning.

I was extremely lucky, my parents both got remarried to people that I like a lot and get along with incredibly well. They both have kids, too, which actually caused a little tension. My two of my step-dad's three daughters totally sucked, but they ended up going to live with their mom, since my mom didn't get along with them, either. The third daughter is awesome though, I consider her my sister. So there's always gotta be some area for compromise, but liking the one that your parent dates is pretty important, I think. I'm sorry, I know how rough your situation can be. And I'm sorry for writing a freakin book for a comment. :)

H said...

minijonb~Yeah, I figure I'll need a lot of help! I know of a couple people that I could look into staying with. It's just such a huge thing to think about...it'll take me a bit probably...nothing overnight of course.

TAB~Yes, I've been hoping so myself for quite some time!

Flenker~Thanks for the long comment! Yeah, you lucked out with the step-parents. It really sucks right now. I miss being home!

CarmenSinCity said...

Im laughing about the guy in the band. You blew it already and you don't even know how? I feel the same way. I was dating a new guy and then he disappeared off the face of the earth too. I didn't do a damn thing wrong, but I'm sure I somehow blew it too. Whatever. I'll never understand men.

H said...

Carmen ~ hahaha, it sucks, right? At least for me (especially since I have a b/f) he lives up in NYC, so I'm not sure how it all woulda went down anyways! I actually sent him another message thinking what worse could it do? Yup. Still nothing. Better to have tried than to wonder! Maybe yours is a sign that you're better off, whooo knows...we never do! ha :)