Worst morning ever ---
So, a few weeks ago, my Aunt needed me to take her to the airport. "I'm going on a little trip away on an excursion with Aunt Pat, that's all anyone needs to know," she said. "Umm...okay," I said.
Well, about a week and a half ago, she calls me here in the office and says, "Can you pick me up at the airport Wednesday, March 26th, at 8:10?"
"Sure, no problem," I said.
"Okay, and this is a secret, okay? No one knows I am coming back home yet, okay? I am flying Southwest, coming in from Baltimore on Flight number ####."
"Okay, got it, see you then."
My Aunt's been up to some sneaky-sneakyness lately, so I wasn't too surprised at her request, and I figured I'd leave well enough alone for the time being and wait until I see her to see what the hell's going on.
So...last night I made arrangements to stay over R's since he lives closer to the airport. I informed dad that I would be late this morning to work because I had to take a friend to the airport. I got up this morning and left in enough time to get to the airport.
Except, that I accidentally got on the ramp that took me the wrong direction. So, I had to sit for over 20 minutes in traffic. Finally, I found my way back on track and arrived at my destination about 20 minutes late. Auntie was no where to be found. I went around the arriving flights area about 3 times, and then parked my car in the short-term parking lot.
"What am I going to do?" I thought. She's one of the only people in the world without a cell phone. And if she'd left thinking I'd forgotten about her, why didn't she call my cell from a payphone?
I went in the airport, searched all around the baggage claim and even by the coffee shops. WTF???? I start freaking out, call R. The flight was on time. Where was she? I had NO other choice but to call my Dad. Auntie's secret arrival back would be spilled. But, I had NO idea what to do! I was worried!
I told Dad that I'd told a little white lie and instead of dropping my friend off at the airport, I was secretly picking up Auntie, but she was M.I.A.
Dad sounded pretty upset saying that Auntie's been acting crazy and he doesn't know what she is up to, and that he'd call Aunt Pat to see if she'd gotten on the plane.
He called right back at the same exact moment that I found out her flight comes in at 8:10 PM. PM.PM. PM. PM. PM.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Had I only went and talked to the Southwest officials BEFORE calling my dad...ugh! But, I wasn't thinking clearly.
R wanted to know what happened once I figured it all out and so I called him crying because I was upset that I'd spilled the beans for a stupid, stupid reason. Auntie had trusted me, and only me with this secret and I blew it!!! BUT, she most definitely did NOT mention it was a PM arrival. Because when she told me, I wrote it all down immediately and put it into my Palm. I had all the information for almost 2 weeks! If she'd told me specifically PM, I would have had that information with the rest! She didn't say either AM OR PM and I assumed (*made an ass out of you and me) that it was AM!
I still feel crappy, but everyone's assuring me it's not my fault and no one knows why Auntie's been acting so secretive. (Though, Dad and I do have an inkling she's going to be getting back together with my Uncle, whom she's been separated for around 2 or 3 years and lives with her current beau.)
So, I hope she isn't mad at me when I pick her up later. But, Dad is the only other one that knows (well, besides you...but you won't tell, right?) -- and he's not going to tell anyone. Dad's good at keeping secrets, and Auntie knows that, so she should be fine, and hopefully understand I was just worried about her and didn't know what to do when I couldn't find her at the airport.
Both of my parents are a little bit upset at Auntie though for putting me in this situation and having to lie to my dad. I apologized for lying to him and he said he understands, he would've done the same.
It was all seemingly a MUCH bigger deal this morning. I think all will be well, though. *Fingers crossed!!!*
P.S. Hope everyone had a good Easter!
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














6 comments:
Sounds shady - I hope she's up to something fun! Don't worry about blowing the secret - you were just concerned.
Oh my. What an ordeal! Did you at least have some caffeine before the panic attack?
waaaait a minute- dad already told mom? Tell those two to keep it to themselves!
Carmen~The secret was absolutely not what I thought it had to do with. Actually, it was pretty stupid and there wasn't any reason for me to be upset about spilling!
Sipwine~Ahhh, yes -- coffee and cigarettes were my savior.
TAB~Actually, I told mom since she doesn't really count when telling secrets about dad's side of the fam. lol.
Well what happened?
lol...nothing happened..Auntie felt bad that I'd gone there in the morning frantically looking for her! And the secret was something not even worth worrying about and causing such a fuss!!! Sheesh!
Post a Comment