Thursday, May 24, 2007

Gimme more!!!

Yesterday I had a dentist appointment to get a cavity filled.
They had to shoot me up with the 'caine THREE times before the left side of my mouth was totally numb.
They'd started after the 2nd dose, but I was clearly in pain.

"Wow, it really should've been numb by now, I shouldn't give you too much more," the dentist says.

I'm thinking in my head..."Well, I need more. It hurts. Is it possible to be addicted to novacaine and maybe he thinks I am? What if I'm immune to it?"

But, after all was said and done, I went on my merrily way to Office Max and Pier 1 before going home.

Later, R came over so we could hang out a bit & grab a bite to eat. MY MOUTH WAS STILL NUMB. But, I thought it wasn't noticeable, so whatever. I didn't really care if it was or not.

So, R and I are sitting there and I'm talking about something when he looks at me funny and says, "Is your face swollen?"
I just stared at him, while he was examining my face.
"I mean, the one side looks droopy*," he continues.

(*Just R saying droopy made me laugh--bringing back old memories of when the school nurse in 6th grade told my mom my face was asymmetrical and I needed to go see a Dr. and take steroids to fix the droopy side of my face. Traumatizing, I tell you!)

"Uhh, it's numb," I said as I kind of started laughing. Then, I explained that I'd gone to the dentist since he didn't know I'd gone, and blah blah blah.
He said I looked retarded.

If it was still that bad after 4 hours or so, imagine what the people in Office Max & Pier 1 thought?! hahahahaha

3 comments:

Erica Ann Putis said...

Haha... One time I got so much novacaine that half of my face didn't move. When I laughed my friend told me I looked like Elvis when he snarls... Haha... Funny blog!!

Airam said...

I hate getting a needle at the dentist ... even knowing I'm getting chock full up of drugs doesn't ease my mind.

H said...

Erica: That's just an open invitation to start singing and dancing around Elvis style!

Airam: Ugh! I know!