Monday, October 02, 2006

Vegas was awesome, of course. I wonder if anyone comes back and says that it was awful? But, the sassy lady I went to see was one of my best friends, L. It was great to get to hang out with her and see her life out there. Her and her fiance both work at one of the top radio stations, so I got to tag along on a couple VIP events. (I must admit I feel very cool.) I am so excited to be her maid of honor, it's going to be such a great wedding. Not to mention, it means I must go there many more times. On the Saturday night of my visit, we went to a club, Jet in the Mirage. One of L's best friends, J, works there. He's kind of a big deal, too, so he walked us right in and led us to the VIP area. There, we sat next to the Prez of the Treasure Island hotel. L and everyone calls it "T.I." so everytime she'd say it I thought she meant the rapper and I'd start singing, "Whatchu know about that... ." Hahaha
So, the trip was great, it was just what I needed.

So of course, with the good always comes the bad.
My mum is moving away on the 15th. She will be states away, and I don't know HOW I am going to handle it. My parents have been divorced since I was little, and though my parents have always stayed very close friends, I grew up with it mainly being my mum and I. She taught me to be independent (and my, how I am) and responsible (well, as much as I can be...haha). It's always been the 2 of us, and she is my best friend. I call her and vent, and it seems she's the only one to understand. So, we're going to have a sleep-over one night before she leaves. I think (know) I will be inconsolable for awhile. :(

1 comment:

Steph said...

Sounds like Vegas was a blast. I am sooo jealous because I still have never been there & I think I'm the only person in the world that has not.

Even my grandparents have been there numerous times!