How was everyone's holiday weekend? Mine was pretty good...
Friday, one of my friends brought over her dog for me to watch for her while she's on vacay at the beach for a week. So, I stayed home with her to get her acquainted with my apartment, and to rest up for the festivities on Saturday.
So, I woke up in the morning, got ready and headed over to my mom's. She lives right in the center of town where it's easy to get to the parade and all the other hoopla. My friend E and I every year start pre-gaming prior to the parade. Her apartment used to be very close, too, but she moved, so we borrowed mom's downstairs that's complete with a bar. I had cheese and crackers set out, a case of beer, and E brought the traditional morning margaritas.
After we had made our drinks, had a few bites, etc., we all headed down to the parade. There was about 6 or 7 of us. We did our usual walking down the streets and saying hi to everyone we know and stopping for a chat. We found all our other friends, too. Now, I started to get my buzz pretty early...and E had made the morning margaritas quite tangy and strong. So...when we went down the street to her cousin's house, I said hi to her aunt. She went in for a hug and when we both pulled away, somehow...I just dropped my entire drink all over her.
OMG.
I felt soo soo bad. I mean, it doesn't help knowing that the WHOLE family is going to know, since I'm E's brother's ex girlfriend. Yay.
I felt like such an a-hole. I was like, "I gotta go, I gotta get outta here!" It was mortifying, and E couldn't believe what I'd done! Thank god that R wasn't around either, because he would've made the situation go from bad to worse by making me feel like even more of an idiot. I went down the street a little further to get away, and when R and our other friend came back, they both immediately started cracking jokes at me.
I mean, the Aunt was understanding, "Accidents happen", and such...but...it wouldn't have been so bad had I been a bit more sober.
Whatever, I guess. But, yeah, it's a pretty classic move on my part.
Monday, July 06, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














1 comment:
I had just met up with some new friends of friends last week at a club and spilled an entire drink where they were sitting. Duh! At least it didn't get all over them. But still. So embarrassing.
Post a Comment