Thursday, November 06, 2008

The Results; Part 1

So, last night was the night. (See previous post)

My mom and I arrived at her co-workers' mom's house at about 5:20.
The Angel Ladies showed up at about 5:30.
There were 10 of us total.

Somehow, my mom ended up going first!!!
She was gone for about a half hour upstairs talking with them.
And when she returned, she sure enough was in tears.

She told me that both of my grandparents (her parents) were there. That they were very proud of her, and they thanked her for taking for care of them.
Interestingly, my stepdad's father also came through. He passed a long time ago, so we'd never met him. But, apparently my grandfather helped bring him through to be able to communicate with my mom. He said that he was happy to meet her, and that Jay did a "good job, boy" with a whistle. I thought that was really cool.

For quite some time after mom's reading, we just hung out with the other women and ate snacks. I was being very patient, and it turned out that I was to be next to last in line for my turn.
Soooo...a tired me stumbled up the stairs at almost 10:00 pm for my long awaited turn.

I walked in the room, the ladies said hello, and mentioned that there was a lot of energy around me.
I sat, they held their hands over mine while saying a prayer/angel/chant. They even got chills throughout, which I am not sure why....but that's besides the point, I suppose.
After that, the first thing they said while touching my ring finger was, "Where's the ring?"
"Uhhh, I don't...have one..."
"Well, why not?"
"...Because...I don't want one."
Laughter. "Ohhhh, okay...well, the man you're seeing does! He wants to put a ring on that finger!"
(Yikes! Way to freak me out from the get-go! If you haven't noticed, I'm not really that kind of girl...and I'm not sure that I'll ever be!!!)

"You have a grandmother here with us...grandma and pap. Grandma's pushing for that ring and babies! She wants to see you married off!!" (Again...yikes! Really? I mean...I'm only 25...not stuff I wanna hear right now...)

...To be continued...

No comments: