The weather is finally getting nicer, which always puts me in a great mood. So, yesterday after work I drove up the street to my friend E's apartment. We sat outside on her little porch, just talking about our lives. "We could have an awesome tv show!" we said. Just talking about the most recent events in our life (events that had occurred just that day, even) we came up with our first episode!
Here's what it involves:
A friend of E's happens to be in a halfway house. She is actually E's best friend's sister. The previous night she (S) called E and said, "Can you please get me out of this house for awhile." So E went and picked her up, and they went to a restaurant where our friend J manages. Somehow they all got on the topic of hot sex. "Screw you guys, I haven't gotten laid in 2 months," S says. "Hell, S, just because you've given up drugs and alcohol doesn't mean you gotta give up sex, too!" E tells her. "Well, I actually have a guy in mind, but we have nowhere to do it," S says. And of course, my friend E, being the crazy whatever that she is says, "Well you two can use my apartment! Geez!" S laughs and E says, "Seriously! I mean, not my bed or couch, but you can use the floor!" so S says, "I might just have to take you up on that offer!"
Don't you know that E tells me at 10:00 AM the NEXT morning (this would've been yesterday) S calls and says, "Uhhh, could I use your apartment today? What's your schedule like?" E tells her, "Let me check it out, I'll call you back." And a bit later she called S back and said, "Ya know, I'd really rather have you over on a day that I'm not off work, because today I am gonna be in and out." etc.
S says, "E, I really need to get laid."
E tells her, "I know S, but, not only all of that but I can't tell you the last time I vacuumed and I don't want to put you through that. I need to clean."
Again, S says, "E....what if I come over and clean for you, all I need is 40 minutes."
"If you dust my apartment too, then you've got a deal."
So, later when E and I are talking about our TV show, we start laughing and she says, "I pimped out my house today!!!" and I said, "And I got a new ride!!!" which made us really laugh.
My father, LOVE him of course, but...he got a "deal" on a 94 Ford Taurus and "surprised" me with it. Now, I know, I know...it's a car...blah blah blah. I get that. But, come on, it is kind of fun to make jokes about it. I had a 2000 Focus and it was seriously about to just fall apart. There is so much wrong with it. My dad hadn't realized until he rode with me in it recently. So, he went and got me this Taurus that only has 30,000 miles on it. And it's in pretty darn good shape. I mean, the power locks actually work! What's also super funny, is that he put a Harley-Davidson sticker on the front of it!!! He said that now I'll look like a "badass."
I sincerely appreciate his gesture, and even though it's not the coolest looking of cars, it will serve it's purpose until I get filthy rich and buy myself a Mercedes. And Dad made a good point, "Well, you'll be under the radar with the cops in this car!" Hmmmm, not so sure now though, you know -- with that "badass" Harley Davidson sticker.
Thursday, March 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














No comments:
Post a Comment