So Bud Light is sponsoring this nationwide Rock, Paper, Scissors Contest (RPS). You may or may not have heard about it.
Well, one night a group of my friends and I decided to randomly go grab a few drinks at a local sportsbar. (I say random because it was a Tuesday.)
Well, a Bud Light rep comes over & asks us if we want to join in on the RPS tournament...
"Okay, sure, why the hell not?" we all sign up and get our Bud Light beaded necklaces, pins, and these little glow stick bracelets.
The game had begun, and we were all getting a little bit more tipsy. None of us REALLY expected anything to come of this tournament.
Until I won.
None of us could believe it!!!! I'd beaten a few of my friends in the process! The Bud Light rep grabbed my arm and pulled it up in victory while my friends all snapped pictures!!!
I was going on to the Semi-Finals to be held at my favorite local low-key bar the next Friday. The winner of the Semi-Finals: A trip to Vegas.
I don't know if I've previously mentioned this, but my best friend happens to live in Vegas. She's getting married in September, and I happen to be the maid of honor. "It's fate!!!" I thought.
But, I couldn't let my hopes get too high. I didn't want to be super disappointed when I lost. Everyone had very much faith in me winning, though, including my friend in Vegas (who, by the way, had told EVERYONE...talk about pressure!!).
At the first tournament, I'd won an Official RPS/Bud Light T-shirt, and hat. "You better believe I am wearing all of this when I go," I told all my friends.
I figured, I'll just go in it like I did this first one. I wasn't expecting to win the first one, and I DID! Also, scissors fared me quite well. So, this past Friday was the Semi-Finals.
All of my friends came, and Vegas BFF told me to call her immediately afterwards. I was so nervous. There was no way I was going to win.
I used scissors EACH AND EVERY time. AND I WON.
It was the craziest thing imaginable!!!! The same Bud Light rep was there along with a few others, and once again he raised my arm up in victory! The whole rest of the night I had random people giving me thumbs up, running over to congratulate me, and buy me shots. IT WAS THE BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE.
Even the owner of my fave little bar came over to congratulate me and saying he was glad I won and I'll be a good representative for his pub. (HAHAHA) Then, I asked him if I could have the huge banner that was hanging as a souvenir. "Of course!!! Just make sure you come and get me before you leave and I'll get it down for you!!!" (AGAIN...HAHAHAHA---AWESOME!)
And Laura couldn't have been happier, and has been thoroughly enjoying telling all of her friends that I actually DID WIN the Semi-Finals and will be going out there to Vegas for the NATIONAL Tournament May 13th. If I win, I get $50,000 AND a new car!!! (Really though, this time I couldn't possibly be so lucky! Plus, all I really cared about was getting the trip out to Vegas...soooo...yeah. Awesome.) Some of my friends are going to fly out as well -- and it's going to be a complete blast! I'm very excited for a few of my favorite people to meet BFF in Vegas, and for her to meet a few of my favorite people, too.
I think I may have to lay off the scissors a few times, as well. It's unbelievable no one caught on to me at the Semi-Finals. I don't know that I would be so lucky at NATIONALS!!! There's probably scouts and such. Crazy, I know, but people take this seriously!!! It's gonna be on ESPN2!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Wow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














No comments:
Post a Comment