Monday, February 16, 2009

My birfday!

...It was last Tuesday. BUT, I started this post on the day of...
and didn't get around to finishing until...well, now. So here 'tis:

Yes siree!

Though surprisingly, I'm not as into it this year as I've always been. Not sure why...it's not the big 3-0 or anything...it's the 2 to tha 6! haha

Anyways, my hormones were all outta whack last week -- and that's always when craziness happens, right? Well, R's BFF L had a happy hour thing goin' on Friday...and some of us were going. Well, like I'd sort of expected, FL was there...with his fiance. Awesome! But, I kinda figured it'd be that way, so it wasn't total shock and I was hoping she wouldn't totally ignore me this time. L introduced us, but FL quickly interrupted to say that we'd met before. We exchanged 'hellos' again, and I followed to FL's statement, "Yeah, but it was for like...5 minutes last time." We all exchanged little shrugs as if to say, "Ah yeah."

So there was about 7 of us total at the very beginning. Beer towers were involved. Then, two of L's work friends showed up. They were a little boring, so I was texting one of my best girls to hurry up and get her ass there to meet me.

Somehow, in a short span of time...I was hammered. Of course, though...really? Like that wouldn't happen. Beer towers upon more beer, and vodka cocktails, and shots. Jager bombs, duh! Which...who bought a whole round? I did! I was losing inhibitions, uh oh. Finally, my friend got there, and the other was on the way, texting me to drink water.

Did I? Nope. (She asked me too, about 2 hours later if I did indeed drink water. And I told her nope, too.)

So, we're all hanging out...L and his girlfriend actually left. I don't know that I even really realized it. I end up talking to FL and his fiance. Really, who even knows what I was yammering about. All I remember is her all of a sudden taking a picture of FL and I. I probably also invited them to my birthday celebration.

More time goes on, I'm waltzing around the place hammered talking to everyone in our fairly large group. Next thing I know...I'm crying! Hysterically! WTF?!?!?! Of course, I was drunkenly upset and having a hard time about FL and his fiance...but I had to hide that from R. So, when he asked what was wrong, I was telling him the drunken-ness and hormones weren't mixing well. After a few more minutes, I'm laughing at the same time as my crying! Ridick, I tell you.

Finally, we left the place, so me, R, and my dear friend M went to another bar before going home. Course, I didn't need any more, but another dear friend was in town and I had to see her (even if it was for only 25 minutes that I hardly remember)! Ha! Great times. Wow.

1 comment:

me said...

Happy birthday!

I would have cried too... :)