Yesterday was such an odd day. I wish there was a better word to describe it, but I am at a loss for any synonyms right now.
The first thing that happened was I was sitting in my office and I saw a white truck with a long trailer attached and an excavator on it. I didn't pay too much attention, thinking they were there for the motorcycle shop next door. Well, a few minutes later I look out the window and instantly I see someone leaning in the driver's side of my car, open door and everything. For the first second, I thought maybe it was one of our employees doing something stupid. As I walk outside I realize, no, I have no idea who this man is, and the other one is standing on the other side. So, I yell out, "Excuse me? Can I help y--," when he shuts my car door and says, "Is this your car?" and I said,"Uhh. Yeah, what are you do---," and he says, "Can you move it? We can't get out." I was about to flip out saying, "Why the hell did you just invite yourself to look in my car and think that that's okay"...etc. but I just sort of flaunted my attitude and moved my car. I can't believe people! Who does that?!?!?
Later, I'm at home checking my email on my laptop. The boyfriend and his friend are downstairs playing XBox. There's a knock at the front door. I look out the peephole and see what looks like 2 girls. Thinking it might be one of the boyfriend's cousins and her friend, I open the door.
No. Instantly, I knew I'd made a mistake. At my door was Sister Lamb and Sister Nef. They introduce themselves and begin talking about God. Don't get me wrong, I love God. I'm just not comfortable with strangers showing up at my door at 7 pm to talk about him. In fact, I kind of just like to talk about him or think about him by myself, if that makes sense.
But, I'm not good at being mean unless it is very necessary, and they caught me off guard. Finally after a few minutes, when I could sneak in a word, I told them "Ya know, could you maybe come back, I'm not feeling very well." so they got out their little dayplanner's and wrote down Monday at 3 (I'll still be at work...shhhh.) Since I told them that I was new in area (I've already sinned since that's not true), they described to me how to get to their church and that I should come on Sundays at 9:30 and if I was uncomfortable with getting there, they could even meet me and I can follow them!
Hmmmm. Now I am afraid that they are going to stalk me. What if they wait outside Monday for me to come home? When they left, I'm not gonna lie, I was sort of panicked. I freak out easily I guess. They are just sooo happy and nice, that it is scary.
I watched them walk down the street to see if they'd go knock on a neighbor's door. No. They got in a silver 4 door sedan at the end of the block and drove off. I told the boyfriend I bet you one of the neighbors called the church and told them to come because we need "saving." hahaha
My neighbors are all elderly and very religious. So, think about it. The boyfriend and I live together, unmarried. *Gasp!* We have empty beer case boxes in our garbage. One of them even called the cops 2 days ago when they saw the boyfriend in our big backyard with a bebe gun. Keep in mind, that the pellets he was shooting couldn't even get through an aluminum pop can, there was hardly even a sound either. Plus, he wasn't aiming it near anyone or anyone's property. He was setting ugly little knick-knacks on some bricks and shooting them from maybe 6' away.
What if where I live is some cult and it's only just begun?!?!?!
Friday, July 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














1 comment:
Whatever happened to, "MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS?!" Jeez neighbours are a pain in the rump.
Post a Comment